If it’s dry camping in a vintage Winnebago, pulling a fifth wheel to the lake, or camping at the racetrack in your new Newell – motorhome insurance covers you for everything you may encounter. RV and trailer insurance is almost closer to homeowners insurance than it is auto insurance!


Trip Interruption Coverage: Sometimes, bad things happen when you are on the road. If they do, many motorhome policies have “trip interruption” coverage so that you are not stuck in the middle of nowhere while the shop gets the part in so that you can get back on the road.

Disappearing Deductibles: If you don’t use your deductible, they just go away. After four claim free years, you have can end up with a zero deductible for your motorhome or RV. I mean, don’t go nuts after four years, but know that if something happens, you can have zero dollars out of your pocket to repair your rig.


Full Timer’s package: Extra coverage is available if you have unanchored yourself from the subdivision and become a full time RV’er, what some people call “snowbirds” – personal property, liability, and lots of other little goodies are included in this package at very minimal cost.


Pet Injury Coverage: Some companies offer free pet injury coverage. If you are bring your goldfish on the camping trip and something happens to them, you could get up to $1000 to treat or replace your pet if they are injured in or around your vehicle.